• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

lazyreefer

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
getting close to closing on a new place so I start planning for a new tank :thrash:

I am looking to get either get a 125 or 150 gallon tank.

I would love to build my own stand but I don't have the space nor equipment to do so. I dont like the regular stands that LFS sells, I would like the stand to be taller.

with that said, do you guys know who can builds quailty stands?

Thanks

Tae

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hey, I have the tools. I have some know how, but there are many others in here who are better. I'll volunteer my time and tools to help out.
Pick out the SIZE tank you want first. Don't buy it yet... figure what size you can sustain. Make sure you can afford the proper equipment to sustain it. After that, you can pick out materials for your stand. A word of advice, build your stand taller (3 to 6 inches makes a huge difference) if your sump will be in the stand.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks for the props :)

hey Tae, I do make custom furniture and I've made a stand for myself, and for stingnyc here. Right now I'm booked till at least july with work, so the timing is probably off. I'd be happy to give you any advice I can, just let me know what your looking for and what your budget is. maybe I can recommend someone else in the area.

- jonathan

lazyreefer

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hey Chris thanks for the offer! I might just take you upon it :hug:. I have been reefin for over 4 years so I think I have pretty good idea on what I can go with. Right now looking at a 6 foot tank so I am looking at 125 or 150 max.

Jonathan, I saw steven's stand and looks great so I'm gonna hit you with a PM. Not looking to get it made anytime soon, after the closing of the apartment, I getting married so not looking to get the stand in by august ~ Sept.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: