• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
planning a sump fpr a 30 cube, since i cant fit much under the stand this is going next to it, want to use a 20 high dimm are 24x12x16 which gives me enough height for overflow problems and size restrictions.

i have a ER cs80 skimmer which is quite large so it takes up alot of room. i am planning on rasing it up a few inches so i can increasa the total volume of water in the sump and keep skimmer at proper height in 7 inches of water.

i really want a fuge, it should be about over 3 gals, my return area is smaller than i would like, i plan to use a 500 to 780 return pump, is the area big enough? Is the fuge having too much flow through it? shoud i place the return in the middle and just tee off the return or put a pico pump into fill fuge??
?????

Attachments

• sump1.JPG
    sump1.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 164
  • sump oh.JPG
    sump oh.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 162

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
drunk, ive talked to him before, he has really nice stuff, ive been thinking about this for awhile, the tank will be next to a table where i can put the sump and use the small space under the stand for other stuff, its such a small space under there..

Nano, good idea ive seen it done both ways, but more often the way i planned, i thought it would make more sense your way, but i dudnt know if it was right, more time for bubbles to collect.

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Its seems you'll be getting over 10x flow through your fuge, the recommended flow should only be 3-5x the tank volume.

Option 1: I would put the return in the middle and either split your overflow with a tee and a ball valve to control how much flow goes to the fuge.

Option 2: Still put the return in the middle and tee your return pipe with a ball valve to the fuge.

Hope that makes sense. Option 1 will give you more flow in the tank if that's what you need. Option 2 will reduce the flow in the tank since a portion will be heading into the fuge.

Vance

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: