• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

madhouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Jus listened to what people had to say about it ... start almost perpendicular to the tank and work my way up... and used duct tape behind the hole so i dont have glass bits everywhere... works fine and no leaks....

Drilled.gif

Last edited:
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Mad you got the hole saw from ebay? If not give us the info for others to know. Good job, glad it turned out ok.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
how many panes of glass can you drill through w/ one of those bits (or is that a dumb question)?

I am going to drill my tank at some point and might end up DIY- but want to practice 1st!!

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
reefer are you asking how many at one time, or if it is a one time use bit. i would think they can be at least used several times till they wear out. i may assume that the diamond coating may wear down and take longer to drill

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
yeah- how many can you drill not at once, but over time... i want to practice on a few pieces 1st before my tank...but I dnot' want to start on my tank with a worn down bit!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: