• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I am almost done with my maxi jet mods but i dont know what the stopper is for. I read i am supposed to drill a hole in the housing and jam a piece of plastic into it so when the fan hits it, it goes in the opposite direction. Does this sound right? why would my blades hit this stopper? how woluld it move to hit the stopper? confused = (

The website www.mjmods.com is great btw

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i got it, the entire propeller with the impeller will creep up the metal rod and then hit the stopper this will jolt the direction backwards...sorry was having trouble visualizing.

What is the stopper and how do I use it ?

Because the maxi jet runs on alternating current (AC) power it can spin both left or right and will do so randomly
when you first plug it in. if it starts going the right way then perfect but half the time it will start going the wrong
way and end up sucking water in the front and blowing it out the fins on the side. This is where the stopper
comes in. the stopper is simply a piece of acrylic rod shoved through the side of the housing. I drill a 3/16” hole
about a 1/8” below the top of the housing (just under the cap) and glue a ?”
-1"
piece of 3/16” acrylic rod. What
happens when the pump starts the wrong way is it pushes the whole impeller up towards the cap when this
happens the prop will slam into the stopper (acrylic bar) and bounce back the other way and start running in the
right direction. This is extremely easy to implement and works very well. Some people have found with the
octura props that you don’t need a stopper because the ends of the prop extend up and actually slam into the
centering cap itself. I personally always use the stopper bar because it works so well , costs almost nothing and
takes about 20 seconds to install . Mother always said “if it an’t broke don’t fix it” : )

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
242vfc3.jpg

Let us know how it all worked out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: