• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My tank is now built ( i finished it last nite :splitspin ) but I still need to install my inside corner overflow.
I am putting in a toothless one for better flow. I will install some gutter guard at top to keep critters from going overboard.
My question is: How high above the overflow box does the water in the tank rise? I need to know this in order to make the box the right height.
I will have a flow of about 600 gph through my sump. How close to the bottom of my Euro bracing should the box come, 1.5"-2"......?
Thanks for any help!

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'd make it adjustable.

That being said, the more water you put over the top (GPH) the higher the water level will be.

In my world, it's trial and error. I'm sure someone else can do flow rate conversions across a lip like that. But I'm all about trying guessing and hoping for the best.

B

home wrecker

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
as bad coffee says i learned that even if u do the research .....it still comes down trial an error when it comes to a tank ....cuz it might work for one person an not the other ...in my 75 gal tank i got the same flow rate an the water is about 1 inch under the brace

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
it's also veries with the return pump and plumbing. I have a 120gal and I have 2 DIY overflows that are 1" below the brace. THe water level only goes a 1/4" above the overflow. Make sure your overflow can handle the amount of water going through.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: