• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
For those of us with small tanks, everytime we have a piece of frozen formula 1, or frozen mysis, and any other cube from the store, we are forced to defrost it and then freeze a chunk of it.

I was staring at an ice cube tray and a piece of eggcrate and had an idea. if I placed a chunk of eggcrate in the bottom of a flat tray, melted the cube of mysis, i cold then refreeze it into smaler cubes. This got the ball rolling. Since a cube formed by eggcrate would be too big for what I need, does anyone know of any eggcrate or alternative item that could be used as a mould to make really small blocks. The smallest icecube tray I could find online was 1/2 inch which is too large. I'm looking for a material that is large enough to hold half a cube of formula 1.

This would allow largscale production of easy to use cubes for smaller tanks. This is in prep for receiving the large blocks of food in a few weeks from House's group buy.

What do you guys think? Does eggcrate comein a much smaller size?

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
d'oh! thought it was pretty original

even an eggrate sized cube is too large for my tank. is there a version that's 1/2 the size?

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
shouldnt half inch be fine just fill it a quarter of the way?

[quote="DevIouS" @ 09-14-2006 11:38 PM] Don't fill the egg-crate to the top with food. 1/2 way.;)[/quote]
disdain (10).gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: