• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
hope i'm not beating a dead horse here.

:) You are
beathorse.gif

how do these compare to the tunze nano streams?

They don't compare. Nanostreams have published flow rates and Tunze's reputation to stand on. You know what you're getting for your money. Reef Central has a dedicated Tunze forum to address any bugs found with the pumps. Maxijet mods are inexpensive when you DIY. Purchasing premade kits which cost several times the original product doesn't feel right. Especially when there's no accurate measurement of the improvement you're getting.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I put my hand in the tank with the ocean flow, I was not impressed with the flow. The previous claim of 1500gph from someone will be to hard for me to believe.

Tunze's nanostream was in a tank with the cool ORA clowns, I didn't bother to ask if I can stick my hand in there.

For a difference of $20 you get a built in magnet mount and REAL warranty with the Nanostream. I don't think these mod kit sellers will be in business too long.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
:( buT maXis are cheapEr

Yes, by around $20.. You get to mod a maxi jet your self and void the warranty on the pump, and you don't get the magnet mounts.

I would not try to save $20 and have this much larger, home made looking thing in my tanks. I also will not buy the first batch of the nano streams, ink can tell you about being a paying beta testers:D.. plus I don't have a need for a small pump like this, today anyway:lol2:.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Why are we even comparing Tunze to maxijets :confused: If you dont want the flow that a stream or a vortech produces then just go for a nanostream. Looks good. great mounting option. great company & service, not to mention warranty and some models are controllable via the multicontrollers. What more could you want????

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
oceanflow is actually offering a full warrenty on the maximod, maxijet included.

can a nanostream be connected to a wavebox?

What does the Warranty cover? EVERYTHING.
NO games, NO gimmicks.
Thats right, a FULL warranty that covers everything included in your Oceanflo Kit. We think we make the best product on the market, and we stand behind it.
If something happens to your kit, all you need to do is tell us. We will send out a replacement part immediately. All claims must be for a registered kit. This can be done by completing our on-line form located HERE. (link coming soon)
* We cover normal wear and tear, this INCLUDES wavemaker use. It does NOT cover damage caused by abuse. The kits are not indestructible. If your dog eats your kit before you get a chance to install it, we do not cover that, if you step on it and shatter it into a million pieces, we don't cover that either, but if your prop fails or breaks while under normal use, we will take care of you.
We have done extensive testing to ensure the quality of our product. Running our kits on a wavemaker does cause wear, but it will not affect the functionality. If your kit breaks, send us an email to [email protected] and we will take care of the issue. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we'd like to think it's what sets us apart.

I don't see where they included the maxijet?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: