• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i'
SUMP2.JPG
m not sure how high is the middle (over) baffle for the *under/over/under* baffle before the return pump should be?
i planned the under over under baffles are 1.5" apart is that to far parted? should it be closer or could it be closer to one another?

and if using an external pump, how far should the last under baffle be away from the tanks end? does it matter if its smaller or bigger compartment?? if it was smaller i would have more space in the fuge :tongue1: i guess,

1st baffle from tank is 10" high and im not sure how much skimmer area would i need? im going to have to have a big skimmer what are normal footprints i would need in the sump? well if anything i could always hook up externally but im just no sure how much space would be good for each compartment and my major problem is im not sure how low or how high does the Over baffle between the under over under baffle suppose to be rasied to? thanks alot here u can look at the piC and give me suggestions please~ thanks dudes ohh the sump is a 40g 36x18x18 i believe thanks
all i think u guys need to know is how long anyways asap plz =) mucho appreciated
:splitspin
SUMP3.JPG

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yesh im sure bout the skimmer part so jammed that baffle in mabe use alil silcone to hold it so i can remove it if i have to. I think i might have stated the under over under wrong i said it as baffles not water flow -=x lols what i wanted to know was if the middle baffle of the 3 how high should it be off the floor of the tank? 1.5" -2"? all the baffles will be 1.5" apart is that right? thanks for the reply

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
The spacing of the baffles is dependent upon the amount of flow you'll have going through the sump. With 1.5" - 2" spacing you should have no trouble with 1000 gph flowing through there at all.

As for how high to keep the middle baffle off the 'floor' the same holds true as what I said above. It depends on the amt. of flow you're trying to achieve. If you keep the same height as the amt of space between the baffles then there will be very little restriction and it should flow smoothly.

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: