• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey guys, I've had continual water pressure problems with my ro/di. So I went out and got an aquatec pump to boost the power to it. Problem is, that I have no idea how this thing works and it seems that I've got an adapter/size issue to figure out. Any help is appreciated.

Here's the ro/di unit
DSC01682.JPG

And here is the aquatec pump

DSC01674.JPG

Here is the 3/8" input to the aquatec pump

DSC01675.JPG

The ro/di piping I have is 1/4" OD

DSC01676.JPG

As you can see, this is my problem... So I went out and bought some 3/8" to 1/4" adapters.. I've put the 3/8" adapter directly into the aquatec pump hoping that this would work. When I start the faucet, it is apparent that the fittings aren't working and water shoots all over the place.

DSC01683.JPG

Any ideas on how to get this thing working?
thanks,
Nate

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Wrong pump ! You are supposed to be using the CDP6800 model booster pump. What you have is the delivery pump model which you use for sending water in a pressurized system.

Send it back and get the right one if you can. CDP6800 for units up to 50gpd and CDP8800 for Units up to 100gpd RO/DI systems.

Kasei

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
the reason the fitting are different are because it has 2 different uses. One is made for pressurizing water (boosting) water to a membrane system (RO/DI) and one is used for holding tanks for drinking tanks and refrigerators.

The one you need is for RO/DI which is the 6800 model. Yes this also booster water pressure but may send too much pressure and will spray water out of any hole it finds or makes because the high pressure water has no where else to go.

Kasei

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: