• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Quote: Did I read that correctly? 5'-0" of sand in a 3/4" pipe?

That is correct, it goes through very slow like a drop a second. It's a tiny table fountain pump and there is a valve on it that slows it down even though even at full flow it would barely come out as a stream. I built it in 2 sections like this because I can either remove the tube part or the sand part while the other part can still work. So if the sand clogs, I can remove it and put in new sand, then in a month or so the sand will cycle. It's just an experiment and I doubt it will revolutionize de nitrification as these things have been around a long time and always prove unreliable and a little irratical

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a de-nitrification coil that i made a few years ago for a customer.

coil_zpsud1w5nsm.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a simple design, there are 2 inlets, 1 for water coming out and 1 for water going in, the water that goes in is the bigger fitting on top, this is conected to the coil of airline tube that is wrapped around on the inside where the bacteria lives then the water passes over some plastic media and then come out via the small airline fitting very slowly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: