Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading from a 14 gallon nano reef to a 65 gallon reef tank. My nano is growing like crazy and getting crammed with sps corals and softies.

I have an RS100 Eshopps sump. It has 2 chambers. I also have the Eshopps Gen. II PSK-150 skimmer. What is the BEST way to set up this sump?

Place the skimmer in the first chamber? What else do I need to do? There are millions of youtube videos that really just start getting confusing. Can you help tell me the most successful way to set this sump up?

Thank you.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Simple sump works the best. The more chambers you add, the more water restrict flow, then more Detritus build up, most people wont clean the sump, then works against you. I use simple 90 gal. Acrylic tank (sump) i give up on Berlin socks (list for now) i use Paint strainer 1 Gal. (i add ROX 0.8 active Carbon inside) so the drain pipe go right on strainer, then Protein Skimmer next, then some Live Rocks ( Chaeto , macro algae on top , to stop any extra air bubbles) then last , return pump . Easy maintenance, you need need to clean the sump easy, have to be clean , NO detritus, NO dead spots. That my opinion.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: