• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Working on a DIY overflow box added to the back of my tank, with cut outs in the tank itself (building my tank) to drain into the overflow box. Curious what type of drain everyone is using for the overflow. I've seen alot and am leaning towards the stockman one.

What method of overflow do you guys prefer?

Durso
Stockman
Regular 90 degree at an angle with a toothpick hole in the top?

or any other methods you guys recommend that i missed?

Last edited:

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
durso. although i had the stockman on my last setup. the stockman was very noisy on my set up, if i would have taken time to make adjustments, i'm sure it would have worked great.

tosiek did you build the external overflow yourself? did you drill the teeth yourself?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i'm still waiting for the glass to come in, and going to home depot tommorrow for acrylic for my fuge and for the overflow. Think i am going to go with the durso because i can save an inch in the back with it compared to the stockman. I would have went with the 90 degree set on an angle with ailine tubing and a pin valve to control the air intake but the durso looks more professional if done right.

I still have no idea how i'm gonna make teeth in the glass for the overflow. Gonna be fun times with the dremel or a wet tile saw i think would be better.

I know how you guys love photo's so i got my camera already charging and clean for a photo documentary on the process. Once i start building.

If you build it they will come......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: