Sergio1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a couple of stores to carry mirrored background paper for tanks. I currently have this in my 175 mh for about 6 months. works great and is very cheap(only about $2.00)

Demose

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i dont have an answer for highly polished but im useing aluminum air duct i bought at home depot for 2 bucks and it works great on my 2x250 MH i believe its 4" diameter split air duct
icon_wink.gif

jiml77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought polished aluminum, cost me bucks. Three months later it is all ozidized and not doing the job any longer. Wish I would have used the chrome mylar sold at plastic places. Plastic does not qzidize!

Jim

mgamelin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. 1/16 polished stainless steel bent 30 degrees on each side. I use these on the systems I make.
reflectors.jpg
icon_biggrin.gif

mgamelin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
light.jpg

here's another one..

take a look in your yellowpages and go to steel distributors. Some places will cut and bend it to your specific dimentions. I just buy a 4"x8" sheet and do all of the cutting on the table saw and bend it with a metal break used for aluminum siding.
for poishing I use a orbital sander with a polishing pad and compound. Be sure to buy medium grade stainless steel it will never rust or tarnish.. Marc
icon_wink.gif

Powder Blue

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used polished aluminum flasking, the one in a long roll from home depot for over a year now and no problems. salt always builds up in one area and hasn't rusted yet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: