Quiverfull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been researching the archives and other sources to come up with some suggestions for a sump design for a 92g bowfront corner tank. The triangular shape (26.5" on sides and 37.5" across the front and 30.5" high are the inner measurements of the stand) presents some problems with respect to size. I think that I can fit a 25"x12.5"x15" rectangular sump (# gallons?) into the space. I would like to encorporate a chamber for overflow drain, a refugium and a return area. I have not decided on whether to use an in sump or external skimmer or an in sump or external system pump.

Other statistics:

1 overflow with a 1" drain and a .75" return line (standard AGA)
overflow rated at approx. 700gph (word of mouth from several sources)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. (if you can include diagrams or images of running setups that would be great)

Thanks for the help.

Greg

icon_confused.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a 92 AGA corner tank from my LFS. I am trying to decide if I should set it up seperately or combine it with my existing system. Sump and other decisions would interest me too.

Quiverfull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a 23" x10" x 12" sump, a Euroreef CS6-2 skimmer, and a Velocity T3 system pump, and a Precision Marine CR422 calcium reactor from Marine Depot. That should get me started. I will let you know how it works out.
icon_razz.gif

Roach

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the same exact tank and I am really struggliing with how to set up the sump. What type of pump are you going to use for the return? I currently have a MAG 1200, will this be too much or too little?

[ October 07, 2001: Message edited by: Roach ]

Quiverfull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be using a velocity T3 (800gph @ 3ft head) since the overflow will only apparantly handle about 700. As far as the sump goes, the one that I got (23"x10"x12") is too small to fit the skimmer in. I need to workout something with the sump... Any suggestions?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: