• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

scubadude

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by M.E.Milz:
<strong>
I don't know much about Ampmaster pumps. Are they designed to handle much back pressure?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sure they can handle the backpressure....just make sure you throttle back on the output side NOT the input side.

Katspaw

I used 2 AM's cuz I didnt want to have a buttload of current going through my Refugium. But at the same time I wanted more than enough current on hand if needed. I have since put a 1/2hp Chiller inline on my closed loop....And have also added 4 Maxijets1200 on a wavestrip. I dont really think I needed the 4phs on the wavestrip but it sure is helping with new tank algae blooms.

smokie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by esmithiii:
<strong>What do the unions look like and where can I get some??

E</strong><hr></blockquote>

I found those big PVC unions to be big and ugly so now i use the ones in these photos.They are machined for Orings so they seal against whatever you screw into them.They allow for easy DIY projects and come in a small varity of sizes and configurations examples...Elbows,TEEs,straight,4 way ect.. 3/4" and 1" sizes only.You can email me if you would like some or go here for more pictures.
My web page
icon_cool.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: