Quiverfull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have built my Stockman silencer for my AGA overflow. I have installed the plastic airline valve at the top of the pipe. My problem is that the valve hisses loudly. Any suggestions on silencing the silencer?

Also, What have you done to silence the overflow return in the sump?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
Put a coarse air stone on the tubing and see if it will make any difference.
bye -ck-

micagreenmachine

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Quiverfull:
<strong>I have built my Stockman silencer for my AGA overflow. I have installed the plastic airline valve at the top of the pipe. My problem is that the valve hisses loudly. Any suggestions on silencing the silencer?

Also, What have you done to silence the overflow return in the sump?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just silenced my overflow return yesterday and it seemed to work quite well. Plumb PVC to just above the surface of the sump water. Then, add a "tee" connector at the bottom. The PVC pipe should be cut so the "tee" connector openings are half under and half above the water's surface. That lets any air escape without making huge gurgling bubbles.

~t

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: