• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

shawnhowerton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just wanted to pass along my find. Tractor Supply Company (TLC) has little giant automatic float valves for $7. It is designed to hang from the top of a watering trough. It is all plastic and has an input for a garden hose on its top. I just added a plastic pale above it, connected by the hose and let gravity do the rest.

The float is: Little Giant Trough-0-Matic Automatic Float Valve #TM825 (plastic case) It is approximately 6" long and 3" tall and 2" wide.

Hope this is helpful.

Micky

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you check out the inside of these floats. I use them at work for my water systems in the printing Ind. I am not sure if the small metal ring inside the housing is stainless or if it is even saltwater safe. Older ones had a stainless screen but some of the newer ones have gone to a plastic one. They do work great but you should check just to be safe.

shawnhowerton

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link that dead fish has posted shows the little giant float that I am using and spoke of above. It works great. It is also the best purchase I have made. The cotter pin (spelling?) is made of brass. Im not sure what the holding brackets are made of. None of these pieces have any contact with my salt water so i'm not concerned about them. All these pieces could probably be replaced with acrylic pretty easily if you wanted.

I no longer have to worry about my specific gravity changing from evaporation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: