• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...I went to Tractor Supply Center last nite to get the dimensions off the Rubbermaid 50 gal watering trough:

http://www.rubbermaidproducts.com/Mer chant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=rubbermaidproducts&Category_Code=Farm+Tough%99+Stock+Tanks

I was originally planning to use this trough as a sump for my 4'x2'x16" tall custom InterAmerica glass tank and it was going to go under the tank in the stand. Well, the trough measures 51"x31"x12" tall which means it is both wider and longer than my proposed display tank by 3" long by 6" wide. I would have to widen my stand to just get the thing into it and even then it wouldn't allow me to put any equipment under it. I do not want to put the sump outside the stand as my wife would *kill* me (
icon_biggrin.gif
) and I do not want to deal with putting the sump in the basement.

Has anyone found a smaller Rubbermaid watering trough/tub (or equivalent) that's as durable as the Rubbermaid watering troughs? I'm thinking that an outer dimension of no more than 3'x2'x1' tall would be just right or maybe even 4'x 1.5' x 1.5' would be just right. FWIW, I did find a TuffStuff watering trough there at TSC that was 3'x2'x1' tall made out of recycled LDPE but there was an odor coming off it and I'm pretty sure that something would leach from the container (even tho the label said it wouldn't) so that one is out of the question.

The only smaller Rubbermaids that I could find were:

htt [url=p://www.rubbermaidproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rubbermaidproducts&Product_Code=RCP+5712-06+BLU&Category_Code=Recycle+Containers+%26+Systems]p://www.rubbermaidproducts.com/Merchant ... 26+Systems[/url]

http://w ww.rubbermaidproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rubbermaidproducts&Product_Code=RCP+3527+GRA&Category_Code=Square+%26+Mobile+Containers

The 50 gal watering trough is the smallest one that Rubbermaid makes. I want a solidly built tub that will not bow, thus I have steered away from the flimsier Rubbermaids as they will bow when filled completely with water.

These also look like they would work too, but they're $#@! expensive:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

They're under Tanks - Polyethylene Tanks - Page 2 - Large Flat Flange High Density Polyethylene Cross Linked rectangular Tanks With Covers

(I would have posted a direct link but their catalog software wouldn't allow me to do so)

If I could find one of these for cheap I'd grab it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shane
liquid on #reefs

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: LiquidShaneo ]</p>

jake levi

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rubbermaid makes a huge variety of these on down to gallon and even half gallon sizes, try wallyworld.

I have them in the 30-40 gal size from 15-18" wide.
jake

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: