• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

reef_lover

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where or if there are any posts explaining how to build a RO/DI system? I would like to use a couple of house filters. I have a Culligan HF-360 whole house sediment water filter in mind. Maybe I can purchase the proper membranes or filters used from one of the many RO/DI system retailers and use them in the (2)Culligan filters?

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful?

Attachments

• culligan hf-360 whole house sediment filter.jpg
    culligan hf-360 whole house sediment filter.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3,289

SE TX HYDROPONICS

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man...i have been looking around for the same thing....i even went as far as to disect one...it is my assermation that you are going to have to go buy one to get the quality product you are trying to achieve...yet...there is alot of information out there and i hope that if you do find plans for a quality unit you will share the link with us here...

O P Ing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
RO filter is not a true in-line filter like the sediment filter. You need to get rid off the brine as a by product of the RO filter. I suggest you to get a ready-made RO/DI unit and add it after the sediment filter. The unit will come with direction that enables you to install it without professional help.

You may want to post a WTB message on the marketplace and see if anybody have parts to sell, but IMO, you be better off by buying a unit and install it yourself then getting the parts. Good luck.

henkelsfamily1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the Kent Marine site for good schematics and/or give Brian a call @ Aquatic Reff Solutions. HE will be able to get you on the right path and supply the necessary fittings and membraines.

Good Luck

Walter

reef_lover

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU

henkelsfamily1, you gave me exactly what I was looking for. The kent marine site gave me all the information I needed about operation and connection of RO/DI systems. They also sell bare bones.

For anyone who wants to check it out: http://www.kentmarine.com

THANKS, AGAIN

billzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a hard diy. Most if not all of the items to make an r/o unit can be found at any good home center like HD or Lowes. Just be careful to use all plastic fittings. The filters are about 50% cheaper there, they even have the R/O membrane cartridges, the only filter element I haven't been able to find there is the DI and you can get that from any Kent dealer. I get all of my small tubing and fittings (John Guest rather than Jaco) at USPlastics. HTH, Bill.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: