• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

triggakilla

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting together a VHO lighting system and i'm using the white plastic three piece endcaps,could someone describe to me how to attach the wires? I'm guessing that it needs to be dissasembled somehow but I don't want to break them.I could post pics if that would help but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.Thanks.

SteveP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. You push them in through the holes in the base and the springs inside the end caps hold them in place. It's a little bit of a PITA to get them out though. You'll need a pen or something pointy to release the pressure on the wires to get them out. Don't forcibly pull them out!

Steve
8{I

triggakilla

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks SteveP I was beginning to think this forum should be called "answer it yourself" :wink: But seriously I figured it out this morning and my lighting system is completed and up and running on my son's built in reef. :D

AJT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put the 2 wires ( before you connect them ) into the chuck of a drill & have someone keep tension on the wires, you can spin the wires together so you do not have wires hanging everywhere. Also after you put the wires into the endcaps, fill in the gap with silicone. This will help you from being shocked when salt creeps on them.

Andy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: