• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Techy-Mechy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the day off from work to modify my tank. I installed a refurbished AM3K pump (replaced my current AM3K pump), installed two sea swirls, cleaned my PM Bullet injector, and reworked some piping. My previously bubble-less skimmer is now producing billions of bubbles. It did this previously when the tank was just set up, but it settled down and worked well. I've heard that putting a sponge on the skimmer outlet will help alleviate the bubbles. I've tried to install a baffle, but that doesn't work. What do you folks recommend. I see where some people recommend turning off the air to the skimmer for a couple of days. What have others done when you had the same issue? If you've used a sponge - what brand did you purchase or use?

Please respond and thanks,

Dave

fishlips

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not clear where the bubble problem exists. If it is in the Bullet than you should adjust the air valve and adjust the water level in the bullet using a discharge valve or by elevating the discharge line. If the problem is bubbles in the bullet discharge line being sucked into your tank recirc pump than adjusting the air valve (closing it ) should also help.

Techy-Mechy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I did get rid of a lot of the bubbles by setting up the skimmer levels according to the PM specs, but now the skimmer is just "simmering" and not skimming. These darn things are always a bugger to set up right. If you were to place a sponge on the outlet of the skimmer, what type would you purchase?

Please reply and thanks,

Dave

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: