• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

glaze

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I painstakingly did and redid my aquascaping but now I'm worried it's not stable. Also, I have a few corals that need to be attached to rock more stably (they're currently attacked to tiny pieces of rubble that I have jammed into crevices).

Can someone recommend an underwater epoxy that works for these applications? I have seen Aquastik and HoldfastT in MO websites.

Thanks in advance.

reefland

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any marine epoxy should work. (white & green putty mix). I've used several home depot brands with no issues. I wouldn't suggest using a whole stick in a day however. Just do a little bit each day until you're done.

kipreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also used plumbers epoxy for coral frags. It smells the same as the 10 dollar stuff from LFS. Us it at your own risk though i have been. You can get it at Home Depot in the plumbing department.

glaze

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this stuff called PC-11 from Home Depot. It is 2-part marine epoxy.

It was not very easy to work with (or I was doing it wrong), stuck to nothing except my hands. I eventually got my frags to hold onto the rock, but I had to use a ton of it and now my beautiful purply red coralline covered rock has large bright white gobs of putty on it. I wonder if the putty will get covered up or if I have to get a sharp knife and try to cut some of it away (and risk loosening my frag).

Blue Devil

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the plumbers putty (blue & white) from Home Depot. Works pretty good and does not seem to bother the critters. I agree with reefland...don't use a lot at once.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: