• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MandarinFish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The footprint of my PM H.O.T. 1 skimmer is just a tiny bit too large for it to fit between my tank and the wall.

Because I am an idiot and didn't leave quite enough space.

*SO*

I need to saw a tiny bit off the base on each side, as well as a small section of my acrylic tank to fit it.

A handsaw is too clumsy. A skilsaw is too big.

I need a very small, precision saw. I think I've seen these on television.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? What will work the best, and where do I obtain this tool? Will my local hardware store carry it?

TheRookie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ITs a matter of what you want to spend and how much you are willing to sweat. Makita makes a small (underpowered IMO) cordless circular saw you may be able to fit. A dremmal may be able to take care of the job. What about a rotozip or knock off thereof? OK if elbow grease doesnt matter you can get what is basicaly a small hacksaw for tight places. Of course it will make you WORK to get the cuts done. Home Depot and almost every hardware store carries them. Best sugestion would be to walk around some larger tool departments for a while getting ideas. No better way to find a tool that you dont know what it will look like.

kycoralhead

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real question is how big is your tank? If it was not real large, say smaller than 150 gallons, I would pump out the water into a couple of large containers and move the stand out an inch or two. Then put the water back in the tank. It should take no more than a couple of hours and you can chalk it up to experience. It should not cost you anything so you can go out an buy a new fish instead of a saw.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: