• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Enzo B.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, Help, Please Help.

I installed my new tank not to long ago and as soon as I turned on my pump all hell broke loose, gurgling, burping, flushing, splahing was occuring in the sump and inside the standpipe, I tryed everything the u-shape pipe, submerging the pipe 2" deep, not submerging, making more holes on the Durso endcap, making them bigger I tryed for hours, days, nights I'm exausted. Some people say it's the standpipe that is too big others say it's the drain line others say I should add a valve on the return line but I'm scared with that option because of the potential flooding.
Can I get the same overall quietness without using a valve at the end of my drain line?

Please help!

Note: Durso Standpipe is 1"1/2 and a 1"1/4 bulkhead and than back to a 1"1/4 flex tube drain line under the tank to the sump bulkhead.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the drain is too big. You don't even need a stand pipe. Just put a ball valve on the drain to create just enough back pressure to stop all that slurping noise. Even if you keep the stand pipe, this will work.

What is all this standpipe business anyway? I don't see them as necessary, just as a marketing ploy. Just my $0.02! ; )

Christian Schwalm
SkyLab
www.wetdryfilter.com

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: