• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

vmiller

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I order a 1/2" FNPT union? I couldn't find any at HD, but suppose I could try Lowe's.

What is IPS Weldon?

Where can I get Ethanol? If Home Depot, what section?

What is a single-hole hole punch and where can I get one? I'm assuming you're not talking about a paper hole punch.

Thanks,
Vin

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I get Ethanol? If Home Depot, what section?
Ethanol is also called Ethyl Alcohol. It's at HD, in the paint supplies section, pint can, next to acetone, mineral spirits, paint stripper, etc. It's not required, but it's very useful for cleaning residue off the plastic from the double-stick tape, if any gets onto the plastic itself.

What is IPS Weldon

That's a normal plastic welding solvent, available from most plastics places. You'll probably have to order the #40. #3 or #4 are pretty common. I can't supply this, because I can't ship it.

Where can I order a 1/2" FNPT union? I couldn't find any at HD, but suppose I could try Lowe's.
Try Lowe's, in the schedule 80 fittings area. If they don't have them, order from e-pipeconnection.com. They've got them. They're the supplier I'll be ordering from, but I get a bit of a discount.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: