• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishfarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used these bulbs?

I noticed them in the Champion Lighting catalog and wonder if they can be run in a regular 100 watt or lower mogul base desk lamp type fixture or do they need a special ballast.

I figure this could work as a mini pendant on my sump or an additional halide on my reef for noon time intensity.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta have a special ballast- Sunlight Supply has a 70 watt MH set in their catalogs...

suckair

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the big trend in Japan is to use a exotic lighting system "looks like stage lighting" and aim MH lamps at specific corals. They will have 5-10 low wattage MH lamps all aimed at different parts of the tank.. This may become popular in ths US but the relamping cost would suck! It is bad enough replacing a few MH lamps every 18 months not to mention 10 small MH lamps!

Those tanks with this type of lighting look very cool.. I have noticed several Japanese setups using this type of lighting and it awsome.. but you can't have a budget.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: