• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Enzo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am looking to build a small sump for my 29 gallon FO aquarium. I only have about 1foot by 1foot of space for a sump. I was wondering if it can be done? My stand is one of those "new and stylish" stands so it kindof looks like this...

l l l
lCabinet l________l
l l l
l l l
l l l
_L______L________l_

I was thinking I could may be make the main part of the sump on the shelf and then the return at the bottom portion of the shelf. If you have any Ides please help I want to replace my canister. And if you know a way to use my canister(Fluval, I know I should have used a diff. canister) as a return pump please tell me. Thanks for your time.

John

Enzo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,
I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, I'm computer retarded. Anyways. Let me put this in a simpler way. Can A sump be tall and skinny. My stand has a very small cabinet. It needs to be at maximum.
10 by 10 inches and it can be up to about a fooat and a half to 2 feet tall. a foot and half would be easier to work with but what ever works. My other idea is can I break the sump into two parts a sump part and a return pump part. I have this weird stand where the stand is split into 2 sides, one side is a cabinet and the other is a shelf right in the middle of the stand. I was thinking I could put the sump part on the shelf and then feed a tube down to the return part that is in the cabinet. would this work and how would I do this. Thanks for listening to my long pathetic problem.
John

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump can be any shape, as long as you can fit everything you want in it. Your cabinet was originally designed for canister filter such as fluval or magnum, thus the tall narrow space. You may have a hard time finding tanks that would fit that space, plus, tall sump makes you harder to perform maintenances. If you have space behind the tank, you may want to consider placing the sump there instead.

Enzo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a canister right now but it's fluval so I have to clean it every week anyways. I think I wouldn't mind just making the thing easy to take apart than I could just shutoff everything and pull it out. I think I'm going to use an acrylic box or something in that manner. Thanks.
john

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: