• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

heedicus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all,
here is the deal. I have my 125 in a wall and am making a easier way to do topoff water. I have plumbed my rodi unit into my water main, I have a needle vavle to turn the water off and on before the filter. it goes into the filter, the waste line goes outside to top-off my pond and the purified water goes into a 20 gallon rubbermaid container that has a powerhead in it attached to a tube that goes into the main sump. the powerhead is controlled by a float switch to turn on and off automatically. Here is my question, I want to put a float vavle on the resivour (sp?) to stop the flow of water until I turn off the water at the needle valve. Would any heavy metals leach into my system from the brass on the float valve? any sugguestions for this setup?
Thanks,
tren

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try the kent float valve witht he solenoid? It works on backpressure. So you would not have to turn on and off the ro

heedicus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to keep the costs down,
a link to where i could find one? i.e. marinedepot? champioin liighignt?
thanks
tren

jorge1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a search for float valve in US Plastic. They have mini float valves with 1/4" fittings for this purpose. They are just like the kent float valves, but for half price or less.

Jorge

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: