• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

platapus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thoguht I would share this skimmer I made for a friend

Attachments

• im000598.jpg
    im000598.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3,192
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently the third time is the charm! That looks great!! If you want to try for four, you can always come over and help me build one too!!!

azreefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Platapus,

Looks awesome....mind if I ask where you got the plans? I would love to make one for my reef.

markc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very nice looking skimmer well done. I have built 2 skimmers along very similar lines using the backet for one and a foam fountain head available in the UK at a fraction of the cost. Both are working well in my own and a friends tank(sorry that I am unable to post but I can send photos via E mail if anyboby would like to see the finished product).
A question the down pipe looks narrow on the photos I experienced problems with restricted flow and resulting back pressure, I had to increase the diameter of the pipe to stop this.

markc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very nice looking skimmer well done. I have built 2 skimmers along very similar lines using the backet for one and a foam fountain head available in the UK at a fraction of the cost. Both are working well in my own and a friends tank(sorry that I am unable to post but I can send photos via E mail if anyboby would like to see the finished product).
A question the down pipe looks narrow on the photos I experienced problems with restricted flow and resulting back pressure, I had to increase the diameter of the pipe to stop this.

Leopardshark

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Platapus, great looking skimmer, looks exactly as an aerofoamer to me.
Would you be willing to make one to sale it to me???
I want one just like the Aero 830.
Congrats
Marco

Will C1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are there any plans for building a skimmer? i am poor as i am on my 3rd tank and i have built everything for this tank my self and i would love to build my own as i cant spend $300 on one.

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozzie;

You could sign up for the maco diy skimmer course. It's about to start. You pay $35 for the course, then about $100 for materials, and you'll learn about acrylic fabrication techniques, and end up with a good skimmer.

Matt

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, How much did it cost in materials to build?

I am not familiar with how the becket skimmers work. any good links on how they function.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: