• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I know I'm getting waaay ahead of the game here. But, I started looking at CO2 tanks and regulators to get an estimated cost of what I'm in for to get our reactor up and running.

Could someone please clarify on this comment I found on a beverage dealer site selling CO2 tanks.

The valve for this tank is specifically designed to work with draft beer regulators, so this is not compatible with a paint ball system.

Is there a specific valve type we should be looking for? I have also found nice dual regulators for cheap from this same dealer that are rated 0-60 psi. Will this work for our system? Do we just need to match the regulator to the valve type as long as the regulator can drop the pressure to less than 20psi? I'm guessing welders, beverage suppliers and paintball folks all have different valve types?

Here is the link I was looking at if anyone is interested.
http://www.stores.ebay.com/beveragefact ... all/dept5/

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, just paintball folks are different. The ones you found should be fine. And if they sell the regs to go with those bottles, you're set. See if the reg has a 1/4" threaded outlet on it, because that's where you'll be attaching the CO2 feed line to the reactor.

BRIAN

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that be male or female 1/4" threaded outlet? I'm assuming female.
It looks like this regulator has a hose barb that is screwed in. Will this work or will we be replacing this with something else? I called and they aren't exactly positive, but they measured it and said it is 7/16???? threaded outlet.

642pl.jpg

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this will be fine. We just need to attach a fitting to that hose bard, or thread in a standard fitting to adapt it to the proper thread. I'm sure we'll be fine with that.

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember where I saw a thread about a person who had a terrible time adjusting his reactor. He had to constantly fiddle with a "valve?" and wasted tanks and tanks of CO2. Then he found a valve / regulator ? that totally solved the problem. He never had to adjust it again. But I just can't find that discussion - in reefs.org or reefcentral maybe?

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was probably the recent article written by Mike Kirda, regarding the Dwyer flow meter that he got. I suggested this to him, and I'll be showing you where to get it as well.

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Modo,

You guys sure have better memories than me :D . And we got a famous instructor to boot, <vbg>.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: