• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jimb432

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing some research on DIY MH setups and have some questions about MH ballasts/bulb compatibilities. A little birdie told me that I should be using an M137 Ballast (Pulse-Start MH 175watt) on any of the 175w mogul MH bulbs. The reason being they were more gentle starting those bulbs up (better choice for the Euro bulbs). Thus, would lead to a longer bulb life, etc. I've come across some DIY websites that said similar things, but I'm so damned confused as to which ballast and bulbs are compatible. I'd hate to shell out the money only to find I made some kind of mistake and just won't work together.

So, I've been looking around at ballasts, I found a venture M137 pulse start 175w MH ballast on the web (hiddirect.com) for a reasonable price (includes cap and starter). I'd like some suggestions on what bulb(s) I should be looking at. I was thinking something along the lines of the Ushio 157w 10k.

Thanks everybody!
jb

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: