• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Snowman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think that we could get a power buy on pumps and or media. I figure that many of us may need to purchase these items and it could benifit one of the sights sponsors if they want to help us out. :?:

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to see what I can do about this. Or, if anyone has preferred vendors they would like to deal with for this, feel free to try and set this up yourself. I prefer Little Giant or Eheim pumps. Please think about using reefs.org sponsors first.

BRIAN

Snowman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested Please post what your preference is or email me and I'll try and get some totals and try and setup the buy, but in order to make this work we need some volume. So no garantee but I'll try. I think it would be ok to put this out to others if it help get the numbers we might need. Anyone thinking this is a poor idea or having suggestions please respond as well thanks Snowman

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowman, in researching this, realize that we have 50 people ordering supplies packages from me, meaning we could have that many pumps being needed. At that quantity, we should be able to get a rather nice price break.

BRIAN

King Jason

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which pump would be best (make and model). I'm friends with Jose from Marine Depot. I can see if I can set something up too.

cybershark

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be in for a Little Giant 2mdqsc .Its pressure rated at 465 gph at 3'
And it has 1/2" for inlet and outlet.

Thanks, Russ

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian;

Which eheim pump would be best for the smallest reactor package? How would I configure it for 1/2" threaded? I have a mag7, which you said would suffice, but I wonder if the flow will be too strong for the small reactor, and I'm kind of expecting it to leak shortly after finishing. So, if there's a power buy, I'll get in on the eheim. Probably this will come up during the course a few times, so I'm not going to sweat it if this post does not get a reply.

One other thing, the PVC parts listed that do not specify threads (elbow and coupler) are both 1/2" slip fit, right?

Thanks,
Matt

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,

Yes, if the fittings do not specify threads, they are slip.

As for the Eheim, you use a 3/8" bushing to adapt to 1/2" threads. You can get those from e-pipeconnection.com.

I'm not sure on the model numbers of the eheims. I'll have to look tomorrow, when I get back home.

BRIAN

Eboman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in for a Little Giant too......

Someone needs to work on this power buy......

King Jason.....what has Marine Depot proposed (since you offered)???

If none responds by Thursday, I'm going to start working on this. I just need a firm committment on how many Little Giants everyone wants (I'm guessing about 25 or so)

Peace out!!

Eboman (future manufacturer of customized acrylic reef goods...hehehe)

reefdiver2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Count me in for the "Little Giant" as well!

BTW, what about the CO2 tank, etc.... Does anyone have any ideas regarding this? I have never set up one of these reactors personally, so, I would need to start from scratch! As much detail on materials, fittings, etc.... would be appreciated. I know that it is still early in the course but, I think planning ahead is the key to completion of a good project!

Steve

Eboman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowman e-mailed me and we are going to wait for the class to start before we work on the powerbuy. That way, we can be sure that everyone gets in on it (since some people may not be reading the forum). Snowman talked to fergy and he said that the timeline for the class allows us a couple of weeks after the start to gather information on the powerbuy.

FYI, I talked with Jason at Premium Aquatics and he said that he might be able to help us out and gave some recommendations for alternate places as well.

Thus far, I think we will probably have two power buys....one for the LG and one for the Eheim (most people seem to be leaning toward the LG). We can also discuss tanks and regulators too once the class gets going.

Thanks,
Eboman

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: