• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

reefdiver2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brian:

Question: When mounting the Ryobi Router to the table do we have to take the "subbase" off first? Or will the router bit that we are using still work even if we leave the base on?

Also, I hope that you are going to talk us through the "how to's" regarding using this router system as there are no instructions on utilization of the various functions, etc......

Thanks,

Steve

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you need to take of the sub base, for good measure. Does your router not mount to the table using the bolt holes for the router base anyway? Or are there other clips?

BRIAN

reefdiver2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian: I have it mounted with the base on at present but I did read the booklet that in order to use certain bits, you need to take the base off first. Hence, the reason for asking the question!

So, should I just leave it the way it is mounted with the base on, OR should I remove the base and remount it?

Thanks,

Steve

reefdiver2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brian:

Yes, I just received the bit and the IPS Weld-On and finally found the 1/2" close nipple at a Hardware store as Lowes did not have it. In fact, Lowes is not longer going to carry those schedule 80 parts as apparently they were not big sellers, at least that is what I was told.

So, looks like I am ready for business!!

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: