• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Snowman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I belive that I read that were going to use Mirc for the live disscusions (classes) Is this correct? Iam not familiar with use of this chat server. I filled out the first section then can't get in as it asks for a #? Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks Jarrell (Snowman)

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to use mIRC, but it's pretty handy to use for this. Your best bet is to look on the reefs.org site, because it tells you how to configure mIRC to connect to #reefs.

I'm a little confused about your question, about the number.

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To test this before we had our live classes I loaded the mIRC software and eventually got into the #reefs channel to chat with some other reefers.

Do this in mIRC. Choose Xnet random server as the server and connect. Once connected pull down the menu that has a "join channel" option. When it asks you for the channel put in "#reefs" and then you'll see a list of names on the right of your screen who are online at the moment.

As I understand it, there will be a separate channel for us to use when the class gets going, but it isn't ready yet. Is that right Brian, Bill2?

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there will be a seperate channel and it will be called #maco:ferguson and the password will be given out on a page in the course menu on maco.

cybershark

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to print out the instructions for configuring mirc and there not there any more can someone send me a link to them or email me how to set it up. So far I cannot access the chat . Thanks Russ
[email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: