• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody;

Finally I'm late registered, on the board, rarin' to go. I received the parts list from Brian, but not everything is checked as either instructor provided or we provide. Sooo.. i thought I'd just wait until the box gets here, see what's in it, and go hunting for the rest. However, I wonder if there are other of us who don't have access to power tools, like me. There's a paragraph in the course description about this....I did get a hold of a router and table, but I have no table saw, no drill press. I realize I'm forfeiting some learning by not cutting acrylic, but it would be WAY easier for me to get all parts pre-cut. I guess I'll cross that one as it arrives.

Another thing that would be very helpful would be to come up with a decent source for the regulator. They're $150 at premium, marinedepot, etc. If there's a non-aquarium source for a suitable regulator for significantly less, I hope that will be a part of the discussion. Sure, it's "good for us" to search for parts, but the way I've search for parts before is through posting questions/sharing info on the boards.

Matt

Kabob

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,

Check through the threads here as most of your questions are answered within them. :wink:

Jason

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt:

If you ordered a package, all of the items that are not checked with an X are provided with that package. There was a message sent out about that, before your registration was straightened out.

There are plenty of cheap regulator sources, from welding supply places to Ebay. We'll make sure you get the right one.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.

Reading the forum before asking repeated questions. What a concept! :lol:

Questions answered...

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: