• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

frank2926

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAN I GET SOME HELP IN A DIY METAL HALIDE SETUP, DUAL 175.
IM LOOKING TO GO TO ELECTRICAL SUPPLY BUY 2 BALLASTS, BUT WHAT ABOUT CAPACITOR WIRING KIND OF BALLASTS ETC. :?:

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, no problem. In regards to the wife: a lot of TLC and a little chocolate go a long way. ;)

Shane

env788

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the disadvantages of going the $100 route versus the other site...aside from the labor.
Does using a mercury vapor ballast have any drawbacks?
If you were looking to upgrade lights over a 30 long, would this be a good way to?

Henry M

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depending on what type bulb you want to use the $100 diy may make the bulb burn whiter. I set-up the dual 400watt and run 6500k iwasaki bulbs and they run alittle whiter.

on another note: Are you a member of any local clubs? You can sometimes find good bargins from fellow reefers. I invite you to look at www.maast.org and possible join.

Henry

electric130

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
env788":3ey09arn said:
What are the disadvantages of going the $100 route versus the other site...aside from the labor.
Does using a mercury vapor ballast have any drawbacks?
If you were looking to upgrade lights over a 30 long, would this be a good way to?

those ballasts on the $100 page are for MV only. so you could only burn MV bulbs like the iwasaki. if you ever wanted to change to a different bulb, say 250W ushio 10000K MH, you couldn't without going out and buying a MH ballast. you can get a MH ballast and it will fire the saki and other MH bulbs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: