• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mpgken

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a good idea to let everyone know the password for the chat room before the first chat session wouldn't it?

I tried this morning and could not connect.

Seems if people have problems it would make for a very bad experience for the first chat session.

It also seems like this class is not ready admisitratively. Since this is my first class I am a little worried that if I have problems so will others and for the price of everything so far I don't want to be dissapointed.

Ken :?:

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The room hasn't been "created" yet. I'll talk with Bill about it, when I see him next.

We'll try to keep the room open week-round. I just may not be there other than the times I've already posted. But, it will allow you to all ask questions of each other, if needed.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a bit concerned about missing the first chat due to my own computer ineptness and/or missing software. I'm running netscape 6 on a mac. I clicked on the chat link, it said I needed a plug in, which it had a link for. I went to that link, it said "no plug-ins found"

Hmmmm....

Since I've never been in an internet chat room, I wonder if there's some secret plug in that's harder to find for the mac, as usual.

One other question, Brian, maybe a dumb one: will the "lectures" be posted as articles that we can access anytime after the initial post?

One other other question: I have some weldon 4 that's a couple of years old. The guy at the acrylic place said as long as it hasn't evaporated, it's still good. The can is practically full. Got everything else, plus a bunch of extra stuff to make a new sump/refugium when the reactor is finished. This one will have adjustable flow for the refugium, and a set up to send non skimmed water to the refugium, which then drains directly into the return pump area.

Thanks, Matt

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt:

As long as the can of solvent has been capped, it should be fine. Nothing will have evaporated.

If you're on a Mac, download Ircle. Bill uses it. Don't use the Java client for the sessions. It's a dedicated IRC client. Those on PCs should use mIRC.

The sessions will be posted each week in text form. Once it's posted, it will be available from them on, through the course. It will also be downloadable in .doc format, for you to print yourself.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other other other question:

In the MACO FAQ, I found this:

· "Do I have to have a PC compatible computer to particpate in the chats?

No, once registered at maco.cc you can find instructions for both PC's and Macintoshs in our Accessing Chat's page linked on our Main Menu."

When I clicked on "accessing chats" to get these instructions it said "not found on this server"

How about it, guys. Am I missing something? (wouldn't be the first time!)

Thanks, Matt

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.mirc.com

www.ircle.com

For information on how to get this stuff to work, look at the reefs.org site for their chat. It should walk you through connecting. I'll also be in #reefs and #reefcentral during the chats, so if you can't connect to the proper channel, we'll get you in from there.

;-)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: