• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Enzo B.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, Help, Please I beg for Help.

I installed my new tank not to long ago and as soon as I turned on my pump all hell broke loose, gurgling, burping, flushing, splahing was occuring in the sump, I tryed everything the u-shape pipe submerging the pipe 2" deep, not submerging, making more holes on the Durso endcap, making them bigger I tryed for hours, days, nights I'm exausted.

Please help!

Note: Durso Standpipe is 1"1/2 and a 1"1/4 bulkhead and than back to a 1"1/2 flex tube under the tank to the sump bulkhead.

Mac1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dunno about the Durso's, never run one, but I had a problem w/ the output from my skimmer making too much noise for my taste. Wasn't volume related, I just got too many micro bubble's from the thing if the output was discharged below the water lever. I found that by raising it a couple inches above, my micro bubbles went away. Only problem w/ that was, a couple inches up, the water makes a splashing sound when it hits!
I took and old plastic bag I had kicking around (Ziploc), and cut both ends so that they were open. Using a plastic zip tie, I threaded it in and out of the one end of the bag, much like a belt through your pants, or something... Using the zip tie I tied the bag onto the end of the skimmer's discharge.
Can't explain the physics behind it, but it made that output nearly silent, and kept the micro-bubble's away. If nothing else, it should only take you a few minutes, and cost's penny's, worth a shot, right?

- Mac

tampavii

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first
why are you using 1 1/2 for stand pipe. You would have plenty of flow with 1 inch or 1 1/4 .I hooked up 2 overflow on my 225 and made the Durso using 1 1/4 with 1 1/4 bulkhead and have no problems .I even have it hookedc up to an AMPMASTER 3000 pump. No Noise at all
I would try smaller stand pipe and hose to sump
good Luck
Capt Gene

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: