• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bgywrinkle

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've been using LOA 9266 for almost 2 years. Two on my refugium, one over my sump, one over my prop tank and now one on my 10g Nano. I have had two failures both within the last few months and both over my refugium. both have been the same failure (different unit each time) -- the light would begin to flash on/off. Not a bulb issue tried replacing each time. Has any one else experienced the same failure and have you discovered the component in the electronic ballast that failed? BTW these lights over the refugium run 24/7.

This would not bother me greatly but with the last failure, the replacement (new from HD) failed to light at all -- yes, I put the plug ove the light sensor. The replacement for the replacement also failed to light. I checked bulbs on both and wired them seperately at my bench, thinking it had to be something I did wrong but, nope.
I'm about to go back to HD a third time for a replacement.

Would like to know if any one has had a similar experience.
I won't be checking this post til late this afternoon, so please excuse any lack of immediate response.

Regards,
Don

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: