• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have all received an email at this time, with the channel information. Via IRC, type the following, or configure your client to connect to the following:

/join #MACO:Ferguson weldon

That should connect you. I'm online today, so you can try it out.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian;

Can you give me a hand with this. I'm totally unfamiliar with ircle. It seems I have to choose a server to connect with. How do i do this? So far, I've entereds my personal info in the ircle preferences, but that's it. I guess I'll try using
/join #MACO:Ferguson weldon

as a server and see what happens. But, I'm thinking I need a server name and address, then enter that as a channel.As you can see, I'm pretty clueless about this.

Thanks, Matt

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, try this, before entering the /join command:

/server 216.123.178.7

It seems that Xnet's DNS expired, or something along those lines, so everyone is hopping over to another server to get around that.

I know this is a PIA, and I hope they get it straight soon.

BRIAN

Casie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you guys get that to work?

I'm getting "***USER not enough parameters" and Unable to connect to server. Any suggestions? =)

Casie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tired the java applet 1st and then gave the mIRC32 a try with no success.

I just get "Unable to connect to server". Sooo I hopped over to the Reefcentral IRC chat to check my puter and was able to log into their general chat.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! =)

cybershark

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With mirc in the begining it askes you to pick a irc network and since xnet is out. What do I put in its place since it will not allow me to type in this /server216.123.178.7?

glenn10

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brian,
On the MIRC, I entered #MACO:Ferguson and have a site although I am the only one there. When I entered #MACO:Ferguson weldon, I could not find a site. Any thoughts???

cybershark

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the same problem that im having I tried setting the irc net work to xchat and then to fergusonweldon and I was the only one there. some how we need to all be on a certin sever that isnt working right now or something.

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cybershark: those are servers, not websites. Enter them in the options:connect area of mIRC or Ircle. You enter them as the server to use. You can also choose a server by typing any of the following at the prompt in those clients:

/server irc.orblivion.com
/server neon.hamlesh.com
/server redpine.canadian.net

I'm on redpine right now.

Glenn: you're not seeing anyone else because you're on a different network. Make sure you are using one of the servers listed above, and not Dalnet, Xworld, or similar. Make sure you are on Xnet. These servers listed above are Xnet servers. You're on the right track.

the weldon extension on the end is the key that allows you into this channel. Make sure you include it.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: