• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are having IRC configuration problems you can do one of two things. The first is try the java chat client on the maco site and the second is use the java client on the reefs.org site. Both will take you to someone that can help you out.

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First step, download and install mIRC (for windows) or Ircle (for mac).

Once you've got that step accomplished, set up a server for it. This is under the Options:Connect function. You want to connect to Xnet, so select one of the Xnet servers from the dropdown list.

Xnet has been having problems, so don't get frustrated if it can't connect. If that happens, check back here for a list of working servers.

Once you are connected, type the following line in the status window:

/join #MACO:Ferguson weldon

that will open a window with the chat channel we are using.

I know this all sounds complex, but it is easy, once you figure it out.

BRIAN

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to use java client, by click the chat link in the course menu, make sure you are logged in properly. If you are not logged in properly it does not work. You can test to see of you are logged in properly by when you click the chat icon and grant the session your maco name should come up in the nickname. If it does not then you have been idled out on the site.

reefdiver2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, all that I have to say is "Forget about it"!! Nothing works, at least on my end. BTW, when you go to IE and open it, there is no "Chat" dialog box to open? So, I don't know where you guys came up with that one?? Neither mIRC, which I have, nor the Java chat room work for me? As I said in my email, this is a total waste of time and we should just skip the chat room part of the course, IMHO.

Steve

tld

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting frustrated as well - I've been trying for 45 minutes, both with the MIRC client (Unable to resolve server) and the Java IRC on MACO - I get lots of different messages with that one... The first one is USER not enough parameter. When I try to join either #reefs or #maco I get the message JOIN Register first. Then it closes the connection. I'm pretty sure the software is working properly. I just can't seem to "tune-in" the right channel. Is this because I'm on dial-up and everything times out on me before I get connected?

Teresa

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone that's having problems connecting, please email me thru my profile. I'll help you thru this on a case-by-case basis. It'll be easier to do it this way than doing it via the forum I think.

Shane

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: