• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

teevee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.stuartshields.net/fish/index.htm

some pictures of my stand under construction. for my 48x24x30 (150 gal) tank, it's 60x28x36. plenty of room in the base for my sump/fuge tank as well. expect more pics when everything is done.

1 - the back (made with the stuff you put under tile)

2 - side view, showing the pine top

3 - me standing on the stand looking down

4 - overhead from the side

5 - inside from the side

6 - isometric from the side

7 - a bottom corner close-up

8 - a top corner close-up

the stand is made with 2x4's and 2x6's, secured with glue and screws. after it's done it will have removable pine siding, secured with magnets.

any questions drop me a pm.

:D

the site these images are hosted on will be going down on thursday, i'll try to remember to get them put up somewhere else (they're being hosted by a friend of mine). and they're really small, to save space.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good so far! :) Have you thought about the largest size sump you could physically install underneath it? Seems some of those 2x4" supports might get in the way!

Louey

teevee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
louey, the sump i will be using is 48x12x19, and fits very nicely into the stand, with room between the uprights for my calcium reactor and co2 tank. if it were ever necessary i could have a custom tank designed that would make even more efficient use of the stand area. i will post pictures as soon as everything is set up inside the stand.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing anything to automate the top-off water?

Louey

teevee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is the one downfall of my plan. to fit a water container for auto top-off into the tank, i would need to get a very thin and tall tank made. otherwise i could always put a bucket somewhere else in my room. :( i'll deal with that situation when i come to it, shouldn't be hard to rig up something with a float valve.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: