• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Fishnet

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Here are some pics of my Sun Coral feeder. I did this after I got sick of feeding the coral by hand. This setup is inspired by a design I saw on the net that had a coke bottle cut in half with a feeder tube stuck thru the plastic cap. I found that with this design, the food settled at the bottom if I did not agitate the water every few minutes. The powerhead in my design serves the purpose of keeping the water moving, hence keeping the food from settling down. Here are a few other deisgn enhancements...

1. Power head to keep the water moving.
2. Four way splitter to configure the water power/circulation
3. Water re-entry below the water line to keep good circulation and an
additional water re-entry point above the water level to prevent food
particles from getting trapped on the surface
4. Extended feeder tube to inject food from above the aquarium water line

I generally put the device on top of the coral, inject the food, start the pump and leave it running for about an hour. By the end of the hour, the food is pretty much consumed by the coral. Any stray pieces are eaten by the hermits that are looming around the outside the plastic cover when I remove the device.

Please let me know what you think of the design... Here are some pics...

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sharma5_mia/ ... =ph&.view=

Fishnet...

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Yahoo!:

The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible. Please sign in and try again or check with the owner of the file.

I signed in and still couldn't view the pics.

Shane

O P Ing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
I am not easily impressed, and I have to say that this is one of the best things I see.

The powerhead looks a bit oversized....

Fredfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a diabolically evil machine from a really bad sci-fi movie.

Very cool idea. I will have to build me one of these.

Fred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: