• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was routing out the inside of the 6" tube this weekend along with rounding over edges and trimming the 2" tube and box.

I was working on the 6" and lots of shavings were building up inside the table so I pulled the tube off and set it on the floor (carpeted). I pulled out the metal insert that sits around the bit to vacuum and it got away from me. Of course it landed right on the outside edge of the seam that I need to glue to the base that was pointing up. It did not hurt or ding the actual seam but put 2 tiny indentions on the edge. I wouldn't call them chips but there is definately grooves where the metal dug in.

I've lapped sanded the tube again to take out any imperfections on the actual seam but there is still the dings that lead to the seam. Is there any way to take these out? Is it really much to worry about except for looks?

Errrrrrr....the more careful I am the more damage I do.

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking. Just needing a little reassurance. The tube fits flush against the base so I think I'll be fine. There is just 2 "V" looking notches that go into the seam. I'm hoping once glued that I won't even be able to tell they are there.

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use slightly larger pins, if you want, plus increased wait time before you pull them. This will allow the plastic to soften more. You'll have more squeezeout, but that's aesthetic...

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: