• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan, the sprinker drip attachment could work, but
1. You are setting them as continuous drip. The drip rate may/maynot match your evaporation rate. So, you run risk of either running your sump dry or flood your sump.
2. The last time I used them was in the previous DIY coil denitrator design. It clogs up very quickly. Of course, denitrator was taking in tank water which cannot be compared to purity of RO. But, that's something you want to think about too.

Let us know your experiment result. Thanks

rwillden

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't be set as a continuos drip if I'm using a float switch would it?
It would only flow water if the float switch is activated.

Does that help any?

ReefVan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Hi Folks,

I find myself considering the same questions. I have an auto-topoff system and will be running my KW reactor in parallel, by pumping topoff water from the same reservoir to the sealed reactor, using a DIY peristaltic pump that I am now building.

The DIY peristaltic pump will run off a digital timer, that way it runs only at night pumping kalk into the sump, it will be off during the day when pH is higher.

No float switches required on the sealed reactor, the DIY peristaltic pump needs no check valve, it is hooked up in parallel with the regular topoff system. This way during the day, if the kalk is not keeping up with the evaporation, the topoff will kick in. Redundancy = Safety.

If the DIY peristaltic pump craps out I'm still safe, the original auto-topoff is still there. Double-Redundancy, take that Murphy! :twisted:

Hope this helps in your decision. :wink:

p.s - The stirring of the reactor solution is another circuit that won't affect operation of either alternate topoff system.

Van 8)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: