• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer o-ring. But it's hard to machine a proper o-ring slot. The square-bottom grooves on products such as the Aerofoamer drive me nuts.

BRIAN

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm not doing your homework for you! You're supposed to tell me what would work. Or, have you not gotten to your homework assignment yet?

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busted! :lol:

When I was scurrying around measuring and scribing lines on the pieces last week just before the class, my wife said "Hey! This is just like a real class, when you're late with your homework."

Take care,
Hal

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this will work, and it doesn't require any special tool set up, other than what we already have. It's complicated; I'm sure there's an easier way. We could use a round nose bit to cut the semi- circle channel.

First, machine the lid, but don't cut the center hole; just leave the drilled hole in the exact center. Then, decide how far in from the edge of the lid you want the channel to go. Set the fence, or just clamp a fence, on the router table this distance from the bit. Then fasten the center of the lid to the router table; the easiest way I can think of is to drill a pilot hole through the table and put a small screw through the center hole in the lid; loose, just to keep it in place. Then, set the bit depth, slowly lower the lid onto the bit, and just rotate the lid along the fence. The screw keeps the center of the lid from "walking"

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: