• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

stevearthur

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dam petsmart, they cannot make up their mind as to if the entire tank is tempered or not. They ar suppose to call be back and let me know. Anyways, I have two specimen boxes coming by mail incase I have to make an overflow box. In the rare case that the back glass is not tempered, where should I place the holes for the bulkheads? Also, how large should the holes be(I am looking for about 300 gph)? Lastly, ho much does it normally cost to get a tank drilled with two holes? :?:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't really answer your questions. This'll give it a bump.

Bump.

However, I am fairly certain that they should be able to get in touch with their suppliers, and I also thought that, because it can't be drilled, tempered glass normally isn't used for aquaria.

fishguru

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who made the tank? Most manufacturers DO NOT use tempered, except on Bowfront Bottoms. All-Glass and oceanic specifically do not have tempered glass on the backs-Guru

stevearthur

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just heard back from petsmart, the bow is the only aspect of my tank that is tempered. The other sides of my tank are all annealed glass. Ever heard of it? Can it be drilled?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: