• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Casie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second betta box went together pretty good. Its feet aren't perfectly level and it will rock a fraction of a inch if you put your finger on the back corner and push. I may try sanding it on a flat peice of sandpaper taped to the bar, kinda like we sanded our tubes...

bettaboxes2.jpg

And since I was still pretty scAred of the router, I drew up plans for another practice peice-- heavy on the routing. Gabe made a square template in some scrap wood and I cut two 6" squares and four 5 1/4" x 5 5/8" peices.

Here we go!

The first one did kinda like Hal's pic. I'm not gonna show you that one. =P But the second attempt went pretty nice. =)

The finished sides.

All the puzzle peices laid out

We used masking tape to test fit all the bits and then glued the sides onto the bottom. I understand that we should do the sides first but since this is just for fun... I reverted to what was easiest. (Bad me!) Then I stacked the bad cut pieces and some stuff on top of it to give it a little pressure while it dried.

It looks pretty cool all glued up!
cube01.jpg

I still want to flush route the top. It has a fraction overhang that I wanna knock off. And then I'm gonna polish it up a bit. The glue joints look... ugly. But I AM getting better at controling the glue.

Another pic

Tomorrow Gabe and I are gonna do the reactor bits.

Casie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heehee Hal =)

The good news for the fish is, that cat may be the most prissy kitten God ever made. Gabe gave her to me when I went off to college. (New school and away from home for the first time = lonely Casie.)

We've been through a lot together and shes always been a delightful companion! Those bettas are safe.. as long as they aren't eating Arby's roast beef sandwiches. =D

I'm jazzed about class tonight and the rest of this week! I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone's cuts went and I'm hoping I did my base front peice correct. Cutting the little bubble counter top piece was intense too!

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

What, you get nervous when your fingers are that close to the bit? Trust me, those bearings on top can be a finger saver when you slip...much nicer to hit the top of the bearing than the top of a bit end.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: