• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BondUniverse

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put a larger sump in the cabinet of one of my tanks (4' x 1'). It has to fit in the bottom of the cabinet, so I'm thinking about 46"x10.5"x1'tall. Any suggestions as to glass vs plexi vs acrylic? Are there any tanks larger than a 10 gallon that is also not much more than 12" height? Cost is a MAJOR factor here but I also don't want to take any chances at it leaking, so I don't really want to do it myself. I'm thinking about possibly putting dividers in it to seperate things out, but don't know if that will be worth it or not. The only things I'm planning on putting in the sump for right now are a skimmer, return pump, and heaters. If I divide it out and it would work, maybe I'd make part of it a refugium or some natural filtering things in it.

In case it would help with how I should do this, here is what I have in my tanks:

38gallon: False Percula, mandarin gobby, unknown anenome, feather dusters, mushrooms, flame scallop, Green Eye Daisy Coral, and a couple different types of xenia (and a cleanup crew of hermits, brittle stars, snails, sand sifting star).

40gal: currently empty until I get a sump in it. Thinking about making it into a Xenia grow out tank as I'm going to try and do some xenia propagation.

20gal: Currently used for Xenia/mushroom propagation, but need to switch to a different tank as the lighting is quite lousy. Currently the home of a few mushrooms, Xenia, Caluarapa, hermits, and snails.

BondUniverse

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I've figured out that I'm going to have to use 2 10gal tanks. I already have 2 AllGlass tanks, so that's cool, but any suggestions on how to connect them? Right now I'm just thinking about drilling them and connecting with PVC, but I have to figure out where to drill them if I put one up higher than the other (don't necessarily have to do this though). Just have to make sure that neither of them overflow in a power outage and have to make sure that there's no way the connecting tube could plug up and cause flooding. Any suggestions from all of you DIY guru's out there?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: