• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

agiacosa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fergy,

I polished the edges and did the Weld-on 40 gluing yesterday. I am extremely happy of how the polished edges look.

I followed your previous comments and used 150, 240, 320, 600, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2400 and then buffed with the wheel. It was a lot of work (2+ hours) but the result is definitely worth it.

As a tip for the skimmer class, I purchased the Micro-Mesh 2" pads. All in all it cost me about $10 for all the sand paper. Yes, I had to sand the old way (manual power), but it cut the cost substantially. For 1 DIY project, this may be the way to go.

On the Weld-on 40, the darn thing hardened inside the bottle within 5 minutes on me. Now I need to find another bottle. :x

Last question, I need to get another of the femal PVC fittings. Where did you get the ones you sent?

Thanks.

Art

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I told you to invert the glue bottle in the text ;-) Also, laying it on its side helps with this. Five minutes is pretty fast, did you mix alot of the catalyst?

Female fitting adapters come from E-pipeconnection.com

For edge polishing, you can usually just sand with 240 and then polish on the wheel. For face polishing, it takes alot more work.

BRIAN

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find those bottles at any Beauty Supply shop, Eckard's, Walgreen's, or Ladies Hair Salon. I forgot to invert the bottle too and stole the exact bottle out of my wife's hair coloring kit.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: